WHAT ARE A GOOD washer--dryer combo BRAND ??

Hi,
Are all the washers and dryers the same these days ?
Or, are there brands that are better than others ??
Thanks !
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/house_and_home/washing_machines/fullstory.html
I just found this website/story b/c my washer *just* "died" today.....the motor seems fine, but it won't spin, so I thought I'd check into new ones - just in case it's not worth fixing....... Anyway, hope the link/info helps.
Nicole

Nicole,
If your washer is one of the Whirlpool types, it probably has a direct drive arrangement. These couple the power through a rubber drive block. It has probably failed (normal wear and tear). The part is less than $10, the labor to get there , , , , ,
Here is some more information: http://www.repairclinic.com/0088_11_1.asp

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (silkchocolate) wrote in message

Hi,
Some consumers opinions.... http://www.epinions.com/hmgd-Large_Appliances-All

Nope!
If service is needed, make sure there is a service company in your area for the brand you choose if and when service will be needed.
I don't know if you are looking for one machine that washes and dries the clothes, or a stacking washer and dryer, however we have a Maytag Neptune super stacker and love it! The washer is better than a full size top loader, and the dryer is full size as well.
I've heard some noise about reliability problems with Neptunes, but we have had no trouble.

Your search begins and ends with Whirlpool and the Kenmore brand (made by whirlpool and backed by sears). If you have the money, look at the HT line of either.
Have them in my basement!

what is this.......an infomercial for Sears? Whirlpool or Kenmore.................the best....................what a joke!
Miele is the best combo washer/dryer out there and their service is awesome.