What about this ceiling fan controller?

I have a ceiling fan+light that is already installed on the ceiling, and I want to install a controller that has a light dimmer and a fan speed controller in one assembly. I have said controller in hand. The switch has two black wires, a blue, and a green. The switch box in the wall has black/white/ground coming from the breaker box, and black/white/red/ground going to the ceiling. I know for a fact that the fan assembly is installed correctly -- that black/white goes to the light and red/white serves the fan.
1. How are two blacks, a blue, and a ground wire supposed to be hooked up in the switch box? 2. If the fan is a three-speed fan, that means I cannot hook up a slide controller at all, right?
Thanks.
From what you describe, the hot wire in your switch box goes to one of the wires on the control, it should say which wire is "line" and which is fan and light. The fan and light wires from the control go to their respective wires going to the fan. Since it's a three speed fan, you'd set the pull chain on high speed and control it from your wall control. The big problem in my opinion is that this type of combination control tends to make an annoying hum