What 36" Ridgid pipe wrench to keep, AL vs. Iron

Page 3 of 3

wrote

I rest my case. If you follow back, you will find it was YOU who said I needed to google up the information. When I did, you did a 180. You were the writer who seemed to think a tank could be filled with enough water to spray by itself with no airspace.
Stupid is as stupid writes.
You may go now.
Steve
wrote

Now where did I make ANY comment about a tank that could " spray by itself with no airspace."
Oh wait, I made no such statements.. That was YOU making a stupid assumption
I am in NO WAY responsible for YOUR stupid presumptions and assumptions

Yes indeed One has to wonder why you need to do so over and over. Not to mention continue when your nonsense has been brought to light..

Thank you for proving that you're not only stupid but arrogant too. Makes me think of that Bertrand Russel's saying about the ignorant...
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:22:29 -0500, "D.A. Tsenuf"

The problem here is the OP didn't know about the bladdered tanks used in well water systems. I didn't either since I've never encountered them. Anyway, a suitable fire extinguisher is probably more practical to put out cotton fires. Anybody care to hear my "big wrench" story? The wrench weighed about 500 pounds. Slugging wrench of course.
--Vic

One of the characters in the "March to.." series (military sci-fi), by John Ringo, had a "big pocking wrench" to solve certain technical problems.. You might relate... :-)
"D.A. Tsenuf" wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Here is what he wrote:
"Would one of those pressure tanks for wells work better ? Just charge it up close attached (by you) faucet and you're ready to go."
You have made it clear that you fail to understand how that works. That came through clear in your first reply No need need to repeat

Who wrote?
Did he write the first paragraph, the second, or both? Or neither?
Now I am really puzzled.
Steve B wrote:

Do you plan to follow your dozen messages revealing your ignorance of well pressure tanks with a dozen messages revealing your ignorance of what quotation marks mean?
wrote

I love it when people can not answer the questions.
Steve
Steve B wrote:

How you ever going to climb out of the deep hole of ignorance if people hand you all the answers to your dumb questions?
Here is your first clue:
this is what quotation marks look like -> ""
wrote

A household type well pressure tank has a bladder in it. You put water in which compresses the air behind the bladder. Its ideally suited for holding water and delivering it as thousands of average people are capable of using them to problem free for years on end to provide water to their homes from their private well. While the OP was not particularly nice about it, a pressure tank would work admirable well for this applications I suspect. You can buy them from places like Home Depot for a few hundred dollars. Pressure tanks are available in steel and fiberglass. There are also older style deliver tanks which did not use a bladder, but air in the system was still required at a certain point. In both types well head pressure from the well pump is adequate to charge the system. In addition their our gravity systems. This is required for low pressure pumps like wind wills which lift rather than pump water. My dad is a certified water system operator and more than once I was out in the middle of the night with him helping to bleed the main water tank (non bladder type) when it got too much air in the main tank for the subdivision where we lived. (Usually after a storm induced power failure)
Ideally a bulk tank with a pump is used in remote application for delivering volumes of water. Fire departments often have a tanker, but it is not a pressurized system. For road departments with a "water truck" style tanker that have to wet down dirt and gravel roads often gravity feed is adequate pressure.
The main idea behind a well storage tank is that there is a range of storage/pressure. This way the well pump does not kick on and off every time somebody flushes a toilet or turns on a faucet for a few seconds. Instead the excess water and pressure is delivered from the pressure tank and the well pump can kick on less often and run continuously for a longer period when it does. The pump motors tend to last significantly longer this way.
On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:59:37 -0700, "Bob La Londe"

I agree. And I live and have worked in the oil fields

You already know the answer to this, you just don't know you know..............
Look at both of them. Which one looks the best?
Keep that one.
If it is Ridgid, that is like keeping a Starrett tool. It's a no brainer.
And keep in mind in the future for that ONE time when you will actually need two 36" wrenches, and it will pay for all the time it has sat in the corner........... For a lot of years, I had a 36" Crescent wrench I got from my Dad. It got lots of comments regarding overkill, but when you needed it, nothing else would do.
Unless you are a plumber reefing on pipes all day, even the cheap Chinese stuff will work. But if you can get a deal on a quality tool, that's good, too.
Just a thought from my humble experiences.
Steve
Heart surgery pending? www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com Heart Surgery Survival Guide