wet walls/moisure/mould

A tenant living in my apartment is complaining about rising wetness and mould on walls.
I tell her to open some windows and let some air through. She claims they are open always, but I live in the same block and have NEVER seen them open.
We are in winter and the bedroom windows are fogged up and wet from the inside, with the windows closed.
Is this a heater with no air circulation problem or a deeper rising damp problem.
No one else in the apartments has this problem and they are newly renovated apartments with the requried floor ducts etc facing the outside.
Can anyone explain, thanks?
Jerry wrote:

Are you the landlord?? Go inside and check it out for yourself. You need much more info to get any help.

Could be a lot of things. Does she run a humidifier? Is their mold that got started someplace and now is growing? This can be an expensive problem if not fixed. Go take a look at it and perhaps get some professional help before even more damage is done.
I have seen it. Only begun happening recently; wall in the far bedroom (furtherst away from the heater) has some mould around the skirting - and in the bathroom, where of course, the window is closed - dont know if they use the fan!
wrote in message

Windows are fogged and wall areas are damp in winter? How cold is it there? Sounds like some sort of vapor barrier problems in you newly renovated apts. Some of problem could be showering, etc. with no fan and window slightly open -- causing condensation.
If you suspect it to be a heater problem, get a carbon monoxide detector IMMEDIATELY.
In any case, the advice to get professional help is very good. Black mold can be dangerous and it can be hard to remove. You may have some liability so you should try to get it fixed as soon as you can.
Good luck.
Jerry wrote:

Mold growth needs humidity over 70% -- this is a problem that needs addressing sooner rather than later.
see: http://www.ext.vt.edu/pubs/housing/356-643/356-643.html#TOC http://healthandenergy.com/mold_prevention.htm
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/425.html