Wet Vac

I was checking for a video that shows the inside of the filter. Mine seems to be degrading inside. I have only cleaned it once, today. It really doesn't have to much hard use. I have used it for a wet vac a few times, but it is mostly used for cleaning out cars.
Anyway..........this video shows a guy giving a demo of cleaning the filter. He used air. My compressor died so I took the shower head off in the basement shower and used a water stream to clean mine. Looking at the video, air would have done the job much faster. It took a really long time using water.
Anyway................This guy does a demo of how to clean the filter, and then he replaces it with a new one. Wonder what he is going to do with the filter he cleaned? :o)
Pitch in trash? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
Anyway................This guy does a demo of how to clean the filter, and then he replaces it with a new one. Wonder what he is going to do with the filter he cleaned? :o)
I would say you are right. Why bother to clean a reusable filter if you are going to replace it?

Probably wants his fifteen minutes of fame, on Youtube, with everyone else. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .

I don't see a link to a video, so can't see it. But my filter element is paper and I've never used water to clean it. If it gets dirty, I just take it out and bang it on the side of a tree to get most of the dirt off. Could also use an air compressor. And if I'm working with anything that involves sucking up actual water, I remove the filter.