Wet Carpet Disposal

Is there a cheap way to dispose of wet carpet. We moved in to our house 3 years ago. We recently found the last owners on property dump. We have been slowly getting rid of the junk. We have three things left an old rotted play house, a truck cap that seems to be in OK condition, and a bunch of old carpet.
The carpet is soaked through and through. I was wondering if there is a way for me to dispose of it other than the landfill? The landfill charges by weight. I don't want to pay to throw out all that water.
Any idead on how I might get rid of this junk?
Thanks!

Why not pile it out on the driveway on a couple of warm sunny days and let it dry?

It'll dry better and faster if it's spread out rather than piled up.

Dry it out, of course. Why haul all that water?
Home owner wrote:

Cut the carpet into strips. If you have a concrete or asphalt driveway, lay it on it and let it dry out. If just dirt, put down a plastic and then the carpet on top. Drive over it as much as you want to until it is dry. Heck, if it is dirt, leave it there. I saw someplace in a town where they put old carpet in the alley. Worked good and cut down the noise.
Home owner wrote:

School yard at night. Wait a couple of weeks, though. The moon is full right now.
Sounds like everyone has the same advice. Pull it up and unroll it and let it dry. Maybe in a week it will dry out. Thanks for the advice.