Wet Basement

Hello from Pa:
What is the best way to make a basement dry?
Is the B-Dry Co. all they say they are, or is NationDry better or what else is there?
My nwly purchased house is a little over 20 years old. One corner probably has a spring intruding into the basement; other corner and wall may be rain or spring swelling. All the water is coming in on the front, basement wall; however there is an addition built out over the front, which has drains in the floor. The addition is an enclosed porch - full length of front of house, that has no basement. Would extending the basement (tunnel under the concrete floor of the porch) be a good idea? The porch floor is dry.
snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net says...

I'm not sure if B-Dry is the best solution in your case (have you checked grading, gutters, etc., and why do you think you have a spring?), but I can say that I had a B-Dry system installed 10 years ago and I've been extremely happy with it.
I don't know anything about NationDry.
Banty

On 1 Jul 2006 08:02:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net wrote:

I live in a 'wet' pa area on a hill, up from a stream. To add to my problem, the house builder put 3 out of 4 down spouts on the uphill side.
First thing I did, get the downspout water away from my house. I dug, and placed a underground pipe, tieing in 3 downspouts, and ran it 14 feet away from my house.
So my point is, I would get the drain water away from your house, even if you have to setup a sump, and a pump. Remember, one solution does not work in all cases, get some professional advice.
imho,
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com
No. Get out there and figure out where the water from the gutters go. If they don't drain out 15' from your foundatiom, fix that.
Look at thw way your lot slopes and fi your gutters and slope and all that stuff and make sure drainage goes *away* from your house before trying anything that expensive.
b dry of louisville ky as done severl jobs for me on rentals and i am very happy with the work. they were also less than the other guys. lucas
snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net schrieb:

Hello Pa,
Tunneling might have the risk of something coming down from the above consturction, etc.! If you have access, a small 1 inch vertical whole at least some feet below could be possible, just to test if water comes out from there, but ...?!?
In cases where ou can't access from the outside you might fight it from the inside, depending on the amount of moisture peresent ...! Pictures could tell me more. Just to look at some exapmles you might look into this URL: www.global-assistance.com
Have a good day,
Chris