Werner ladder length

Can anyone tell me the non-extended minimum length of a Werner 28', Type II aluminum extension ladder? Model D1228-2.
Oddly, this info is not listed on the Werner site. http://www.wernerladder.com/catalog/details.php?series_id 1
Thanks, David dja at myway dot com
14 foot and extends to 24 or 25

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:38:38 -0400, "RBM" <rbm2(remove

It may be slightly over 14 feet as it _may_ not collapse all the way.
on 10/11/2005 7:32 PM 3rd eye said the following:
>>>Can anyone tell me the non-extended minimum length of a Werner 28', Type >>>II aluminum extension ladder? Model D1228-2. >>>

I imagine each section is 14 feet, but there is some stagger when collapsed. I was trying to find out how much the stagger added to the length.
My old 24 foot ladder is 14 feet when collapsed. The 28 footer has to be longer.
David

4 foot of 'stagger'?? My Werner is maybe 6" over 1/2 the length (basically the size of the feet).
-Tim
on 10/12/2005 11:55 AM Tim Fischer said the following:

Ok, thanks. My old 24 footer is *really* old. (I'm replacing it mostly because of fatigue concerns.) Newer ladders are obviously more compact when collapsed.
David