Well water question

I have a well that is 90 feet deep. The cap at the top has an opening where the electric wire come out and go into the house. There is times that water will come out of it, especially in the spring time. My question- Can I seal that opening or does it have to be opened? any information would be appreciated. thanks franbarb

Reply to
franbarb

There's a seal inside leaking or a leak in the pump outlet pipe if well water is coming out.

Depending on where you are, it there are heavy spring rains and it is correlated w/ them, you maybe getting ground water getting into the well--if so, this could be a serious contamination/health problem. I would suggest getting a well service person to evaluate the problem and at least take a sample and get a coliform test both now and particularly when you have such a problem. Here's a link to additional information/sources

dpb