Well pump cycling on and off

My well pump seems to cycle on and then off any time we use water. When not in use it is fine. I noticed it when using my tap inside, the water flow will pulsate. So when someone was taking a shower I went to the well house and noticed the pump cycling as I described. Any ideas? I suspect either a waterlogged tank or a malfunctioning pressure switch. If it is a waterlogged tank does this mean that the bladder has busted or do I just need to add air to the tank?

You are probably right. Try adding air , but most likely a defective bladder

Thanks for the response!
I assume that if the bladder is defective that the tank will need to be replaced. Right?
PJ,
Yes, you will need to replace the tank. The cycling puts a lot of wear on your pump,
Dave M.
On 8 Mar 2007 14:06:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net wrote:

Or you can just keep adding air every month or so. That will work too.

Cut power to the well pump. Turn on the water. Does pressure stay up for any length of time or immediately drop? If it stays up the bladder is OK and the pressure switch is suspect. If it plummets then the tank is water logged.