Well pump comes on after only 2 gallons used???

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:17:48 -0700 (PDT), millinghill wrote Re Re: Well pump comes on after only 2 gallons used???:

CORRECTION: the above should read "2 psi BELOW", not "ABOVE"

sorry of the brain-jam.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

If you are getting any water at all blowing out the pressure valve, the bladder is busted. Harry K

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Pressure gage is immediately after pump. I have a photo of it here:

Here's a video of the same pressure gage as the pump turns on, cycles through, and stops.
I'm confident that all valves are fully opened. Any advice or guidance is grealty appreciated!!

Reply to
millinghill

At the cottage I drain system in winter & startup in spring. One year pressure came up to normal pump stopped & then pressure started to drop right away. After a little frustration I found my pump has a valve that directions say open until pump pumping water & then close until flow looks normal? Well I had closed it all the way. This was my probem. after opening the valve, pump started to work properly. I have no idea what this thing is for but I leave it open all the time & pump works great. Bob "Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:i7i862$gk2$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Reply to
Bob