Well pump comes on after only 2 gallons used???

Page 2 of 2

Pressure gage is immediately after pump. I have a photo of it here:
http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac194/millinghill/pump.jpg
Here's a video of the same pressure gage as the pump turns on, cycles through, and stops.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmI8y-l5aS8

I'm confident that all valves are fully opened. Any advice or guidance is grealty appreciated!!
It does sound like there is not enough air in the expansion tank. One well I worked on, years ago. There was a device with a bit of a diaphragm. Aparently, it had an air intake valve. Every time the pump turned on and off, it would inject a tiny bit of air into the expansion tank. Of course, these fail after a while. And then the tank gets water filled.
If there is a tire valve at top of the tank, you could pump some air in, using an air compressor. Might help. I havn't got much experience with well tank systems.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Sounds the check valve is leaking. just replaced ours yesterday.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q0JfdP36kI

At the cottage I drain system in winter & startup in spring. One year pressure came up to normal pump stopped & then pressure started to drop right away. After a little frustration I found my pump has a valve that directions say open until pump pumping water & then close until flow looks normal? Well I had closed it all the way. This was my probem. after opening the valve, pump started to work properly. I have no idea what this thing is for but I leave it open all the time & pump works great. Bob