well pressure tank leak-fail

The pressure bank bladder gave up the ghost on my well. It is still fairly good condition.
I would like to put something like ballloons or what ever to restore its use until I can buy a new one.
I know that the pressure of the tank is related to the pressure switch for the well motor.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.
LG
Lynn wrote:

No chance. Some older tanks could have the bladder removed and, in theory, replaced, but it was an almost impossible job. You can check w/ the tank manufacturer/distibutor/rep to see for your particular one, but most likely replacing it is only choice.
On 7 Jan 2007 12:49:48 -0800, dpb wrote:

There is one that's sold currently that is supposed to have an easily changed bladder. It's a composite tank, not metal. I was considering one because of how lightweight it is. Got to reading though, and found that the bladder is easily replaceable for a reason...
To the OP: I agree that replacement is most likely the best option. Shop around as prices vary quite a bit from brand to brand and place to place. Do some reading about the brand/model you're considering to see how well it holds up over time. All will do the job, just a matter of how long before problems crop up.
Later, Mike (substitute strickland in the obvious location to reply directly) ----------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net
Please send all email as text - HTML is too hard to decipher as text.
Lynn wrote:

You can use the tank as it is on a temporary basis. You will have to keep adding air periodically (about every 3 months). To add air, turn pump off, open a faucet (on the same level if possible) then air up to 2 psi below your cut-in pressure.
Keep in mind that with a blow bladder you will have water trapped in various places back of the bladder that can turn stagnant so I wouldn't wait long to replace the tank.
Why do you think the bladder is blown? Just curious. There are several things that can cause problems other than a blown bladder.
Harry K
Harry,
With an open faucet you intend to pressurize the system?
Dave M.
David Martel wrote:

I wouild assume the person would either know to shut the faucet after draining the tank or at least realize it had to be done when he heard air coming out of it. I also failed to tell him to apply the air nozzle to the schrader valve.
Harry K