Well Head Leaking?

Sorry if this is the wrong group for this ? but my house well head has water leaking out of the top. It does it about 50% of the day. I have an overflow pipe attached to it and there is water running out of it so it does not seem to be plugged.
Just wondering if I should be concerned since the wires to the pump are connected near the top,(sealed of course), but neverless are getting wet.
Seems like the water table has risen and overflowing out the top of the well head.
Has any one ever seen this?
Thanks,
--
Tim

Yes, I have see it on an ARTESIAN WELL. If you have a standard drilled well, that did not do this before, the water vein feeding your well you may have suddenly opened to an artesian feed. But only 50% of the say makes it really weird. Could someone or some company in your area be backfeeding? Have you had very much rain? How deep is this well? What would happen if you hooked a garden hose to your overflow pipe and went on your roof or a ladder. Try it..... How high will this water rise? If it rises high, there is some sort of pressure, (artesian well, back pressure, etc). If it stops are a certain height, it's likely the water table has gotten real high for some reason. You do have a weird problem..... Are neighbors having this sort of problem too?
Mark

Next time you see this happening turn off the power to your well pump to be sure that the well pump is not somehow causing it....

My well is a Drilled well. What is an artesian.
We had alot of rain in the spring and it seemed to start right before that. I thought maybe the water table had risen but it has been doing it all summer now.
I tried to snake the overflow pipe last spring but found nothing. Water continuously comes out of it.
At that time I had the cover off and The water level in the casing would drop about 10-15 feet for a few minutes and then over flow again. I watched it do this several times.
When they drilled the well there was water coming out of the ground and the builder said they hit a tile for an old spring also. This was a farm field. Then he put in the over flow pipe and No water came out of the casing for about 2 years until it started doing it late last winter/early spring.
I figure the water table has risen alot or that spring is some how affecting it, but my well is about 280' feet deep I believe so I am not sure if the spring could affect it.
I am mainly concerned about the wires being wet all the time where the connection is.
I have 3 neighbors and none of theirs do this. One has 44 gal a minute flow also!
These wells are all about three years old.
I will try turning off the pump to see if that does anything.
Thanks to all and any more info appreciated.
Tim