Welding Question

My guess, for whatever that's worth, suspected at least 1000 deg.

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

Not hard at all, but when they want $19.95 for shipping of a $5 item that would fit in a box the size of a cigarette pack, they can keep it. Unfortunately that seems to be the case 99% of the time. Or the other one. I cant even place an order unless I buy $100 worth of stuff, and all I need is a $5 part. Again, they can keep it.

Reply to
maradcliff

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

wrote

You want to get this thing fixed or just have a reason to complain?

Sheesh.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Sure, that sucks, but is cheaper than buying a new manifold if that turns out to be you only other option.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Hi. It is quite correct that the preheat is important. Here is a www page that tells how to do it:

Your particular job is about the same level of difficulty. It looks like the jigging requirements are less, but it is very likely that the manifold is contaiminated with carbon from the engine by-products. This is much more critical than preheat requirements. Try to mechanically clean it, then follow the above procedure. If it fails, which is quite possible, you will have to chemically clean it. This will be hard to find info for on the web. Get a good welding book or the advice of a pro. BTW, a lot of pros will not want to do the job at this point. I have had very good luck with welding *uncontaminated* cast iron. Remember, the peening is important.

Reply to
ericchang