Weird yellow sap like beads in the attic??

I went up in the attic to check things out and I noticed that there were some yellow sap like beads all over attic flooring and trusses. The flooring is something I put in place last summer (2004). The flooring consists of several 2x12 wooden planks (cheap stuff). Some of the beads are soft and sticky and some are hard.
Have any of you seen this before? What could cause these beads to appear?
Could it be that the lumber is still drying and that the sap inside the 2x4 and 2x12 is, for lack of better terms, perspiring or is this something much worse?
The house was built in 2000.
Any help would be great Thanks, Matt
It's normal, as you suspected the wood is still drying out and it's beads of resin/sap/pine goo/ whatever weeping out of the wood as it dries. Perfectly typical and nothing to worry about, though it can be sticky till it dries up. Now if this was weeping out of wood that you had painted..it would be quite annoying , since this stuff bleeds right through paint and messes it all up. But this doesn't sound like a problem in your case.
--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com
Mikey S. wrote:

Thanks for the confirmation. Have a good one Mikey.
Matt
Matt Silva wrote:

It is sap, cause it contains sap wood; probably why it was cheap. It comes out mainly due to the heat. In a cooler area it would weep some but most would just dry in the wood. Wipe it up with paint thinner or turpentine so you don't track it around.
Yes, I have seen it. The sap or gum oozes out of the wood from drying and summer heat. It can happen at any time with spruce and pine. I had a particular piece of framing in my garage that suddenly started oozing and dripping lots of gum onto my concrete floor (fortunately just beside where I park my car) and this was from some framing that was erected in 1970 -- over 30 years old at the time it started to drip.

This is Turtle.
Well atleast termites don't like sap wood.
TURTLE