Weird water pressure problem

When I turn on the hot water to my kitchen sink the water pressure is a little low for a few (3 to 4) seconds, when the hot water starts comilg out the pressure increases, this has just started to occur in the last month or so. I don't noticed it on the other sinks or tub/showers. BTW the kitchen sink is the closest to the electric HTO tank, any thoughts. Thanks
Maybe your pressure regulating valve. Some variation in pressure seems to be normal, especially as the regulator gets older.
--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

Can't really answer your question, but the first thing to do is to check the aerator on the kitchen faucet. But then I am unfamiliar with "HTO", so what do I know...
The hooligan wrote:

If it only happens at the kitchen sink, then it is a problem inside the faucet (or the Hot supply to that faucet). Washer/cartridge, etc.
Jim

Basic hydraulics dictates that at rest, any closed system will have equal pressure throughout, meaning that when it is first opened to atmospheric, the pressure will continually drop, unless the differance is made up in volume--this because for all practical purposes, water is considered a non compressable fluid......
...SO....
IMO, either this is a simple troll, or the OP hasnt a clue one as to the differance between pressure and volume, and the relationship between the two....
...AND...
If it was some problem with water company, the problem would be seen at all places, (more or less) and not just at the kitchen sink....
--

SVL

Thanks for the replies, I'll check the aerator and faucet, oh and to the guy that called me a troll for asking a home repair question in alt home repair group, go fuck yourself. Thanks again