weird Refrigerator-TV problem

Hi all,
Actually, I think this is more of a refrigerator problem, but it does affect my TV. Anyway, here's the deal. My relatively new Kenmore fridge, with icemaker, (about 3 years old) has started to make these very quiet noises. The noise sound like a fan, cycling on and off, with the cycles lasting about 2-5 seconds apiece. It is intermittent, so that you could stand next to the fridge for 5 minutes and not hear anything, but it does happen frequently enough that we notice it.
You can only hear it when standing right next to the fridge, compared to the compressor sound, which is louder and doesn't cycle as frequently.
The TV comes into play because when the "fan" in the fridge starts up there is a lot of interference on the TV. A lot of noise (sound) and horizontal jaggedy lines on the TV, making it essentially unwatchable. When the fan cycling go off, the picture goes back to normal. Unplugging the fridge fixes the TV, but that's obviously not a long term solution.
All this is a relatively recent development. I suspect I could get some kind of electrical filter for my TV to cut down on the interference, but am wondering what could be wrong with the fridge? I'm thinking something's wrong 'cause it never did it before.
Thanks in advance. Sorry for the long story:-)
Bart
Bart, what we need from you is some more info:
Model/serial numbers (should be in the refrigerator compartment on a label) - model number will begin with three digits (probably 106. or 253.) followed by eight digits.
Type of unit (Top/Bottom freezer or Side by Side)
Where does the "fan" noise seem to be coming from? Inside, rear, bottom?
How often does it happen?
Is the unit working normally otherwise - ice cream firm, drinks cold, food not spoiling?
Get back to us with these answers and we'll see what we can do for you.
See answers below...