Weird GFI problem - wired correctly but not tripping

Page 2 of 2
blueman wrote:

I don't think that "induced" is quite the proper term to use for what's happening there. "Current flow through capacitive reactance" would be more correct.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

I guiess I was (mistakenly?) thinking that it was just basic E&M where an alternating current in one wire induces a similar current in an adjacent wire.
blueman wrote:

I'd measure Ohmage between ground and neutral with a meter on that outlet. Reading should be very close to zero Ohm.