Weird GFCI wiring

I have power coming into a GFCI outlet in my bathroom. Power then goes to the bathroom switch which controls the bathroom light and a switch in the hallway which controls the hallway lights. Everything works fine except when I trip the GFCI outlet. When it's tripped the hallway lights don't work (I suspect this is normal) but the bathroom light gets constant power! What did I do wrong?

Stacy

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 314169 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
stacyg

A quick & dirty.....

seems like hallway lights wired to "Load", bath room light wired to "Line"

reverse the wiring & everything should be fine

well except for the fact that dedicated bathroom circuit should only power the bathroom.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

some moron screwed up wiring

Reply to
Old and Grunpy

I couldn't figure out how to wire that bathroom light, so it would fail as the OP described.

[snip]
Reply to
Gary H