Weird agititator motion in Whirlpool Washer after Service Call

Got my Whirlpool repaired last week for not draining and the Service
Rep replaced the coupling and adjusted the clutch.
Since then the washer agitates differently.
Instead of the jerky 90' motion it had it now keeps on rotating smoothly.
Was this caused by the repair or is it a different issue?
Will it effect the condition of my clothes?
Thanks a bunch for your help.
Bruce
Bruce K. wrote:

Did you contact the service company and ask them? They would be in the best position to know if this is correct or not.
Bruce K. wrote:

You mean it no longer actually agitates but simply spins (slowly)? If so, the guy screwed up something. If you mean it used to go bang and thump but now just agitates quietly, then he probably fixed a problem besides that it didn't drain. If it doesn't agitate at all, then he needs to come back and correct whatever it was he did wrong (and I wouldn't expect a service call charge).
As for the clothes, I doubt they're cognizant enough to recognize the difference...
If it isn't agitating at all, really soiled loads will probably not get as clean as they would otherwise. As for the effect on the clothes themselves, less agitation will undoubtedly cause less actual wear on the fabric (probably not discernible) at the aforementioned cost of less intensive cleansing action (that's why they make them agitate to begin with)...