Weil McLain WTGO Oil Fired Boiler Qestion

I recently had a Weil McLain boiler installed. Huge improvement over the old coal converted asbestos coated boiler that I replaced. I noticed that when the boiler begins to fire up, it runs for about 10 seconds before ingition. It also runs for about the same amount of time when the flame goes out. Is this normal?
I haven't read the documentation on these boilers yet, but I believe there is a time delay from when the burner starts, until that solenoid valve on the left side of the gun opens, allowing oil to flow

mstrspy wrote:

Those are pre and post purge cycles. It runs the blower without the oil on for 10 seconds to push fresh air into the combustion chamber, potentially pushing out fuel vapors from a failed ignition cycle and also getting the chimney draft flowing before ignition. It shuts off the oil and continues the post purge blower cycle for 10 seconds to clear remaining exhaust from the combustion chamber and chimney.
Pete C.