Weil McLain vs Williamson Boilers?

I read somewhere that Weil Mclain now owns Williamson, but can't really confirm this anywhere.

I recently got a quote to change my boiler, originally quoted in the price was a Weil Mclain EG-55, but what was delivered was a Williamson GSA-200N-S. They seem to have comparable AFUE, and BTU ratings. Both

200000 BTU and 81.9 AFUE rating. Both have a 10 year warranty. Does anyone know if Weil Mclain actually owns Williamson? Any opinions on these 2 units? Is one better than the other?

Thanks in advance, Gus

Reply to
GM

replying to GM, JIm Winters wrote: Yes, Williamson is owned by WM which is a D/B/A of Marley-Wylain Company. The boilers are identical and changes the colors. Some Williamson products may have less bells and whistles but don't be fooled you really need them. Williamson is the best kept secret and should always be selected over WM.

Reply to
JIm Winters