Weight support below water bed question

We have a crawl space beneath a bedroom with a waterbed. I'm thinking of wedging in a few 2x4 struts beneath the center of the bed to transfer the weight load from the rafters to the ground below.

Good idea, bad idea or what?

Thanks

Reply to
Jim-Poncin

If the house is well built, it would not been needed. OTOH, if it makes you feel better, why not?

I'd use a piece of pressure treated 2 x 4 and set it atop a brick or concrete paver.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Well, having moved a few water beds in my almost 50 years, and wondering about the same thing, I found out recently, that a waterbed actually puts less pressure on the floor than a refrigerator or freezer does, so, while your at it, don't forget the fridge.

Reply to
mrkool