Weep hole problems

A zero-lot-line house I'm looking at buying sits on a hill - there is a sturdy, two-foot retaining wall between this house and the house next door to accommodate the grade change - there is evidence that some drainage work has been done on the side of the house I'm looking at to improve drainage - there appeared to be some slight evidence of possible damage inside the house on the wall where the drainage work had been done. The agent tells me that the weep holes had been blocked (with what?), but that the problem has been corrected.
We get a lot of gully washers here - possibly, the water that couldn't drain off (prior to repairs being made) invaded the weep holes - what else should I look at related to this issue? Am I looking at a major problem here, or is this normal stuff?
Thanks for any suggestions.

I owned a zero lot line house (not on a hill) with drainage problems and portions of blocked weep screed. There were *major* problems. It took almost five years before I found out that the zero lot line wall had major water damage and the tar paper (moisture barrier) had completely deteriorated. So even though I corrected the drainage right after moving in, water still entered the house anytime the wall got wet (rain, etc.) because the moisture barrier was ruined. The only reason I found out was because my 3 kids were very, very sick and I finally had the walls tested for mold. There were very high levels. The house sat vacant for two years until I sold it for about a $100,000 loss just to unload it. I wouldn't have bought the house knowing what I know now. Others may have differing opinions but I'm offering my two cents. Best of luck.
Time for a home inspector, who will inspect understands the potential problems. Never ever rely on an agent to be on your side. They get paid when they sell a house and the amount is dependent on how much you pay. Both your agent and the sellers agent are on the sellers side and don't every forget it.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math