Weedeater Gas Blower

2 Cycle engine
What should the normal range of the compression be?
Thanks,
On 6/25/2012 5:00 PM, Roanin wrote:

It's been 30 years, but as I recall, measuring a two-stroke is difficult. Because of the way it works, the initial pressure in the cylinder is affected significantly by how fast you crank it.
With a 25cc engine, the volume of uncompressed air in the area previously occupied by the spark plug threads and the gauge can be a significant part of the total volume...maybe...YMMV

I stuck the compression gauge in the spark plug hole and pulled the cord like I was going to start it. It read 60. The carb was off at the time. I have another identical one that runs fine. I did the same thing with the carb on and it read about 85 lbs. So is this difference a big deal?