Weedeater fuel line is disintegrated

My weedeater was bogging down so I figured it was time to check the fuel filter.

When I tried to fish it out, the filter fell off.

Turns out the fuel line is falling apart....just touching it causes it to crumble.

Is this difficult to replace?

Reply to
Anonymous

It takes patience and some minor disassembly. It also takes the exact size tubing, since there's almost no 'elbow room'. As I recall, there are two diameters of tubing used.

I found this tubing at our area small engine shop, which has since gone out of business. No idea where you'd find replacement line now. (It might be easy to find -- I haven't had to try yet).

Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com wrote:

Reply to
Robert Barr

HD and Lowes sell this fuel tubing in the mower section, not sure if it's exactly for your weedeater but you can take an unbroken piece to match it up.

Joey

Your local Stihl dealer should have some Tygon hose in stock.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

Fairly easy. The trick to fishing the line through the fuel tank is to cut the end of the fuel line in a sever "v". Push the end of the v through the bottom of the tank, grab it from the inside with a pair of needle nose or forcepts, pull it through far enough to put on the fuel filter, then cut the line square.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.