Weedeater carb adjustement

I have a older Weedeater 1700 which has been giving me some problems. It would not run earlier in the year. I took the carb off and apart and cleaned it. Now, it will start up and run good for 4 or 5 minutes. Then, it will idle OK. But when i try to pull the trigger to gas it it will starve out and die.
I am going to take it back apart today and recheck the main high speed jet. I believe this is the one without the spring on it. Does this sound like a too rich problem or a too lean problem? I though i put the screw back to one turn open, but i will re check it. I cannot adjust the dam screw without taking 1/2 the weedeater apart.