Weed Wacker barrier on concrete foundation ?

After 15 years of hitting my concrete foundation with a weed Wacker,it's pretty chipped up and is now getting worse with the freeze/thaw cycle.I'd like to but up a barrier up a few inches above the ground line.Any ideas ? I'm thinking of using some type of aluminum or plastic.Any ideas on what type of material and how to secure to the wall? some type of"Liquid Nails" adhesive ?Thanks
Apothecon wrote:

Keep the grass away from the foundation. Or plant foundation plants that don't need whacking. You can put in plastic edging (the stuff that looks like a black hose laying on the ground) which will keep roots out and provides a "mowing strip". Between the edge and the foundation spray occas. with RoundUp to kill what tries to grow there, or, lay landscape cloth and rock (not gravel) between the black edger and the foundation.