weed wacker

Who makes a decent weed electric weed whacker. I need it to mostly edge the lawn

for two years. It arrived with a broken handle, I phoned the B&D service center, they shipped another handle within 2 days, free. I have no complaints. Before that I bought a new Stihl gas powered, top of the line trimmer, almost pulled my arm off trying to start the damn thing, noisy, gave it away the same week I bought it. The Stihl was a real piece of crap.
Bob

I'd get an electric lawn edger if you're edging along a sidewalk. There's no comparison in time savings and quality.
Sacramento Dave wrote:

I like the B&D GH600. The head on it flips 180. With the metal guide, you get a perfect edge everytime!! Automatic feed, no bumping. The only complaint I have is that by the time I'm done with both the back and front yard, it's time to rewind the string. But I do a lot of whacking and edging. They cost around $50 or you can pay more at Lowes. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId7961-70-GH600
Sacramento Dave wrote:

I have used a battery Black & Decker for some years (12V) and it does a fine job. Much better than I expected when I bought it, but I just did not want to keep fooling with that gas model I had and I wanted the convenience of no power cord.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
I agree with the advice to get a lawn edger if you want to use it mainly for edging. Troy Bilt makes a gas model with interchangeable heads, one for edging, one for string trimmer. Don';t know if there is a similar electric unit. An edger does a better job and is a lot easier to use, especially if you don't intend to edge every week. I do it about once a month.