Weed Eater cord feed problem

I have an electric Weed Eater EL-15TNE trimmer unit that has cord feed problems. It's supposed to feed new cord by shutting off motor and restarting, several times if necessary. This often doesn't work and I have to pull out cord manually, sometimes requiring opening up the spool. I'm using the recommended WE 0.065" cord.
Any suggextions? This is very annoying.
TIA

On 3/30/2013 9:33 AM, KenK wrote:

If you would like a weed eater that actually works, visit your local Stihl dealer.
Yes, Stihls cost more but they actually work.

Hard to find dealer. Their web site is reluctant to produce a list.

Unfortunately, too late now. I already own the Weed Eater.

On 3/30/2013 11:26 AM, KenK wrote:

The new Black and Decker auto feeds actually work quite well. I was really surprised because swore I'd never buy another B&D weed trimmer again. I bought a new one about 2 years ago because the factory rep was at HD and he said if I didn't like it to bring it back. He was right.
Other than that, I think the one's you manually replace the cord are easier to use once you learn how to keep from wearing them out real fast.
On 3/30/2013 12:41 PM, gonjah wrote:

I wish I never bought the Black and Decker automactic feeder. I find they are far to sensitive and are always over feeding and I end up having to buy overpriced spools to replace the empty ones.
I have both a 18 volt cordless and a 120 V electric model.
On 3/30/2013 5:30 PM, Hench wrote:

I've got the 18 v. I might have been lucky or it just doesn't have enough use yet. I'd say it took me about 1 and a half seasons to go through about 3 spools and I do a lot of sidewalk and driveway trimming. I'm real careful to aim the cord AWAY from the cement. I'd be interested if others are having bad results with newer B&D trimmers. 2 or less years old.
On Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:33:54 AM UTC-4, KenK wrote:

, several times if necessary. This often doesn't work and I have to pull ou t cord manually, sometimes requiring opening up the spool. I'm using the re commended WE 0.065" cord. Any suggextions? This is very annoying. TIA -- "W here there's smoke there's toast!" Anon
I've spent more time over the years untangling and reloading cord than actu ally cutting with the darn things. I replaced the cord spool head with the polycut head a few years ago and have been much more productive ever since.
http://www.stihlusa.com/products/trimmers-and-brushcutters/accessories/trim mer-heads-and-blades/polycut/
Paul