Weed Eater cord feed problem

I have an electric Weed Eater EL-15TNE trimmer unit that has cord feed problems. It's supposed to feed new cord by shutting off motor and restarting, several times if necessary. This often doesn't work and I have to pull out cord manually, sometimes requiring opening up the spool. I'm using the recommended WE 0.065" cord.

Any suggextions? This is very annoying.

TIA

Reply to
KenK

If you would like a weed eater that actually works, visit your local Stihl dealer.

Yes, Stihls cost more but they actually work.

Reply to
Frank

Frank wrote in news:5156ef9f$0$39115$c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Hard to find dealer. Their web site is reluctant to produce a list.

Unfortunately, too late now. I already own the Weed Eater.

Reply to
KenK

The new Black and Decker auto feeds actually work quite well. I was really surprised because swore I'd never buy another B&D weed trimmer again. I bought a new one about 2 years ago because the factory rep was at HD and he said if I didn't like it to bring it back. He was right.

Other than that, I think the one's you manually replace the cord are easier to use once you learn how to keep from wearing them out real fast.

Reply to
gonjah

I wish I never bought the Black and Decker automactic feeder. I find they are far to sensitive and are always over feeding and I end up having to buy overpriced spools to replace the empty ones.

I have both a 18 volt cordless and a 120 V electric model.

Reply to
Hench

I've got the 18 v. I might have been lucky or it just doesn't have enough use yet. I'd say it took me about 1 and a half seasons to go through about 3 spools and I do a lot of sidewalk and driveway trimming. I'm real careful to aim the cord AWAY from the cement. I'd be interested if others are having bad results with newer B&D trimmers. 2 or less years old.

Reply to
gonjah

oblems. It's supposed to feed new cord by shutting off motor and restarting , several times if necessary. This often doesn't work and I have to pull ou t cord manually, sometimes requiring opening up the spool. I'm using the re commended WE 0.065" cord. Any suggextions? This is very annoying. TIA -- "W here there's smoke there's toast!" Anon

I've spent more time over the years untangling and reloading cord than actu ally cutting with the darn things. I replaced the cord spool head with the polycut head a few years ago and have been much more productive ever since.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314