Weed eater, Chainsaw, Walbro carb trick

The little carburetor on small 2 stroke engines can be hard to clean if you have blockage in a main jet. Blowing from the reservoir side can just pack the crud in tighter. You have to get at it from the venturi side. Take out the four screws and carefully separate the diaphragm and cover. Then get some small fuel hose and slip a 1/2" piece over a carb cleaner tube, work it over the stub of the jet in the venturi with tweezers, hemostat or whatever your favorite fine work tool is, and like Lauren Becall says in the Maltese Falcon "just ...blow".
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Walbro%20carb%20trick.jpg
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I didn't know they aster to be in that movie!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Actually Lauren Bacall isn't in The Maltese Falcon. She did utter that line however-- but in To Have and Have Not....

You are right, I have my old bogart movies confused.