Weed control

I have a large flagstore patio and another one with paving stones and there are tons of weeds growing up between the stones...Other than Roundup, is there anything else I can use to kill these things...natural choices are preferred and I don't want to dig them all up by hand! Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@eatlead.com says... :) I have a large flagstore patio and another one with paving stones and there :) are tons of weeds growing up between the stones...Other than Roundup, is :) there anything else I can use to kill these things...natural choices are :) preferred and I don't want to dig them all up by hand! :) Thanks :) :) :) Lay out a plastic drop cloth on the patio for a day or two.
--
Lar

to email....get rid of the BUGS
mix vinegar and salt in a sprayer and spray away.

Burn 'em out. An acetylene torch works best, but one of those propane cartridge torches for plumbing also does the job. I prefer to burn the weeds in my patio, walks, and drive as it's faster than herbicides. More fun, too. Just be careful not to start a fire :-). Bleach, if you consider that "natural", also works, as does tarping for a few days. A permanent solution would be to dig up the patio stones and lay down a barrier cloth.
--
Luke

Mine lasted about three years and the weeds came up through the barrier cloth.

Quelle bummer!
So then, I should have said: "Semi-quasi-im-permanent"? ;-)
--
Luke

there
Harbor freight has a propane torch that you can connect to a 20 pound tank. So does Northern Tool.
Be care out there with these. I used the torch method of killing the grass. I wanted to plant afterwards just want to get rid of the grass. Plan on a few seasons of diligent burning. It takes awhile to kill out the roots.

Once you have it cleared, there is a polymer that can be applied to fill in the gaps and make it weed free.
Konyoman wrote:

Boiling water works for me.
There are products available at home or lawn/garden centers that will kill all vegetation and prevent anything from growing for 6 mths to a year. For applications like driveways, between pavers, etc. that is what is easiest and most effective. Triox is one example.
On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 00:40:15 -0500, "The Wrong Rev. Hell Toupee"

I've used a propane torch to kill unwanted weeds, with the exception of poison ivy. Heat to wilt them is enough.