wee (baby) .5in-long worms on kitchen ceiling: what ARE they?

They are hatched larvae of space aliens. Try doing a bug fogger treatment of the home.-Jitney

Reply to
jtnospam

Greetings,

Post a macro photo on the web and give us the link.

Thanks, William

Reply to
William.Deans

Sorry, I meant 50in-long.

David Comes

repair: wee (baby) .5in-long worms on kitchen ceiling: what ARE they?

Never seen them actually travelling across the ceiling; have only seen them in each's seeming-spot, "writhing".

I've been asked to pick them off the ceiling & get rid of them, which I do.

I never see them actually moving anywhere, so it's as if they've gotten there by magic.

Anyway:

(1) what ARE these things?

(2) how to get rid of them; better, how to keep them from showing up?

Thanks,

David

Reply to
David Combs

Reply to
harold balls

In article , snipped-for-privacy@panix.com says... :) repair: wee (baby) .5in-long worms on kitchen ceiling: what ARE they? :) :) Never seen them actually travelling across the ceiling; have only seen :) them in each's seeming-spot, "writhing". :) :) I've been asked to pick them off the ceiling & get rid of them, :) which I do. :) :) I never see them actually moving anywhere, so it's as if they've :) gotten there by magic. :) :) Anyway: :) :) (1) what ARE these things? :) :) (2) how to get rid of them; better, how to keep them from showing up? :) :) Thanks, :) :) David :) :) :) More than likely they are caterpillars from Indian Meal Moths. A small moth that you should also be seeing flying around. Any thing made from a plant can be a food source, usually something that has been around for awhile. Can be cereal, doggie treats, dried peppers, brown rice, tea, etc. Always a chance they are a type of maggot, but they would probably be dropping to the floor and crawl out of sight, where the caterpillar will actually pupate in the corners around the ceiling. Getting rid of them is just find what they are in and are possibly in and get rid of it...a way to help future invasions is to not let foods hang around for a long time and don't by from places that sell in bulk.

Reply to
Lar

Greetings,

I believe you have "Megascolides australis" better known as "The Giant Gippsland Earthworm". They do not grow to 50 inches in length so you might want to go back and remeasure but they do grow to over 1m in length.

They are endangered so you'll probably be heading off to the stripy hole for killing them soon as the police finish their donuts. Your entire family will be forced to leave the house just as it is and will not be allowed to reenter to preserve their habitat. They will not be compensated since you will still own the land the government no longer allows you to use (in fact, you will still have to pay taxes on it each year forever since no one will want to buy it from you). Your wife will be forced to shack up with other men to feed the kids while you are in jail for your crimes against nature.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William.Deans

Sounds right. Do you have little brown "flitter moths" which are a nusiance? Anyhow, log on to

and buy pantry pest traps. Put them out according to the directions. Worked for me; didn't even have to call the Orkin man.

Examine your pantry for flour, corn meal, cat or dog food, crackers, graham crackers, or breakfast cereals. Cake mixes. any of these may be infested. Look for thin "spider web" type stringers in the packages, and of course look for more baby worms. If found, discard the whole package of food.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

One of two methods to get rid of them.

  1. Stay drunk.