Web Sites that give elevation as part of map information

I would like to get a map website that also gives latitude, longitude and elevation as you move/pause the cursor over the map. Suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Google earth

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I have Google maps, can I do it from there? I can't find any options to shown latitude, etc.

Reply to
hrhofmann

.

I also have google earth, but still can't find any options to give the info.

Reply to
hrhofmann

I also have google earth, but still can't find any options to give the info.

Bob, when I use Google Earth the lat, long, and elevation show up on a tool bar at the very bottom of the image. I a have always had that as a default. I can't find a way to toggle it on and off.. If all else fails try Google earth's support site.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

All I see is a scale in feet and meters for distances, submitted the ? to Googls, I'll see what response I get and post it here.

Reply to
hrhofmann

This page gives latitude and longitude:

Mark Lloyd

If it doesn't have to be cursor related- and you're interested in the US-- all the USGS topo maps are online-

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Thanks - Now I need a site that gives elevation also.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Google Maps Beta has a lat/long tool and "terrain" view that displays contour lines. -----

- gpsman