web site for furnace trouble shooting?

Can anyone recommend a good web site related to maintaining and troubleshooting a Carrier central home heater? I don't actually have a problem yet, but want to educate myself on my unit so i can be prepared. It's a 1989 model, and has the name "day and night" on the front panel, but it is made by Carrier.
thanks, Paul
My unit is: Carrier product #396JAW048065ABFA Model 396JAW048065 Series B Input 80,000 BTU/hour natural gas Blower 313, 1/2 horsepower, vent category 1

troubleshooting
want
has
Take it for what its worth.
Most homeowners cant buy the parts from TotalLine to repair anything that breaks, and if you can, you have NO warranty from TL. Thats most. No one website can tell you what you need to check on that unit. For one, its too old. Second, unless you have unvested in over 5 grand in tools just for service and troubleshooting on any gas unit, you really would be wasting your time. And that unit wasnt made by Carrier....it was made by ICP. Carrier is nothing but a division of ICP..it could say Payne, Heil, Carrier, Bryant..etc.
Also, the liabilty for any fool that puts a site up that suggests anything other than calling someone with insurance to work on teh unit is a fool....plain and simple. The best information you should have, is the owners manual and installation manual that by law should be with the furnace.
in message

but
and
just
wasting
Was Carrier part of ICP at that time (1989)?

Carrier.
that
one,
I believe so.....but might be wrong...if it was, it would be easy to see on the unit, as it would have the Tennensee addy on it.