Weather stripping with tab for slot

I have a door that has weather stripping around the edge. The is a 1/8 to 1/4" ledge where the current molding resides. Frost King makes a number of different stick on moldings that will adhear to this ledge. But the ledge has a slot cut in it. So the old molding in cross section was "D" shaped, with a protrusion that when down into this slot to hold it in place.
Does anyone know where to get replacement molding for this? I called Frost King and they don't have a catalog on line and they won't send me on unless I'm a dealer. There recommondation was to travel around to all the Home Depots in the area to see if I could find anything, hahahaha. Are there any other big names in weather stripping?
Thanks, Bernie

Try here, found via Google. There were other weather stripping sites also.
http://www.swisco.com/Bubble-Seal-9_32-inch/pd/Bubble-Seal/58-055
By the way, you may not need to use the exact same type of weather stripping.
There are lots of adhesive backed styles that might work for you.
Thanks,
My backup plan is to fill the slot flush with the surface and then use adheasive backed.
Bernie
wrote:

Try here, found via Google. There were other weather stripping sites also.
http://www.swisco.com/Bubble-Seal-9_32-inch/pd/Bubble-Seal/58-055
By the way, you may not need to use the exact same type of weather stripping.
There are lots of adhesive backed styles that might work for you.

You can get the barbed bulb weatherstripping easily enough - keep looking. It's superior to the self-stick stuff. It can be easily removed and replaced when it comes time to repaint the door, and that's a major bonus.
On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:40:30 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

Second that. The slot has an intended purpose, don't fill it in.
A crew put in a 6K metal/glass arched front entry door. The "touch-up" crew came back and filled the "slots" with Bondo. When helping a friend go back and install weather stripping I had to laugh.
Then the other crew came back a cleaned all the Bondo out.
It's a vicious circle :-/

Zero International. http://www.zerointernational.com /
They're a commercial standard in the building business. I needed a bronze saddle for one job - a beautiful thing. They're not too far from me, and the local guys wanted an arm and a leg for something that only cost me a kneecap and three toes direct from Zero, so I took a run up there and picked it up. I would have loved to been able to pick through their scrap bin!
Ricod,
Are you in the Bronx?
Bernie
wrote:

Zero International. http://www.zerointernational.com /
They're a commercial standard in the building business. I needed a bronze saddle for one job - a beautiful thing. They're not too far from me, and the local guys wanted an arm and a leg for something that only cost me a kneecap and three toes direct from Zero, so I took a run up there and picked it up. I would have loved to been able to pick through their scrap bin!

Nope, on da Eye-land.

Bernie Hunt wrote:

The 'v' with an ear weather stripping is a standard stock item in the big-box stores around here. 2 or 3 different flavors, to fit most common door brands. 'M-D' is probably the most common brand. Not sure why you are having a hard time finding it. Look in the door and threshold aisle, not the seasonal weatherproofing aisle.
-- aem sends...