Weather-resistant padlocks?

I have a couple of Master padlocks (the kind with laminated steel bodies) on outdoor gates. Now that we have had some snow and the temp. is down several degrees below freezing, I find that they are frozen: I cannot turn the key without blasting the locks with a heat gun first. Yes, they were hanging with the keyhole facing down, but perhaps moisture (melted snow) got in between the shackle and the body and then froze.
Any recommendations for padlocks that are more weather resistant?
Perce

I've seen locks with a leather or rubber flap hanging over the lock to shield it from the elements. Just attach the flap to post above the lock and let it hang down.
Or get something like this...
http://www.labsafety.com/search/product_group.asp?dept_id=51113
On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 12:38:01 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

I shoot the lock on my shed with WD40 in the fall, both in the key hole and the shackle holes. Seems to help keep moisture out. Then I get one of those hard foam cones they sell to put over outdoor faucets and put that over the lock. Has worked well for me.
HTH,
Paul
On 12/05/08 01:17 pm Paul Franklin wrote:

I was about to object to your suggestion of using WD40, but I Googled first. Although Master does suggest *not* using WD40, they warn even more strongly against using graphite, which I had thought was the only acceptable lubricant for locks. They suggest light oil on the shackle and a Teflon-based lubricant for the keyway.
Perce
On Fri, 05 Dec 2008 16:35:18 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

WD-40 is a poor choice for this. It will build up a sticky gum in time. It does clean things off OK, but then as it evaporates, it leaves a new deposit.
Now keeping in mind that the shackle and the actural lock mechanism are two different things.
The actural lock should be first clean. I suggest the use of a zero residue cleaner. Then follow that up with either graphite (powder) or powder mixed with a zero residue carrier, or maybe the Teflon based products. I have not had enough experience with the Teflon products to really say.
I use a light oil (same oil I use on my sewing machine) and then cover with aluminum foil. It's a pain to cover and uncover, but it sure helps.

master has locks for this purpose. they have a plastic or rubber cover.
http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=weatherproof+master+padlocks
On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 11:26:19 -0700, "charlie"
-snip-

Cool link- I was wondering why you didn't use the Google.com/? . . . link.
Kudos to @codiferous and friends.
Jim