Weather - Central TX

Page 2 of 2

Billy Pilgrim wrote:

It was much hotter this year (at least for the past three months) than last. Perhaps you've heard of global warming? :-)
http://www.met.tamu.edu/osc/tx/txyear.html
I would say holding the increase to 20% was a major achievement. Congratulations.
Thanks that's what I was looking for.
I doubt there is one Texan over 5 y/o that hasn't heard of global warming.
From "King of the Hill":
DALE: That's code for U.N. commissars telling Americans what the temperature's going to be in our outdoors. I say let the world warm up, let's see what Boutros Boutros Ghali Ghali has to say about that. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
HANK: Dale, you giblet-head, we live in Texas! It's already 110 in the summer, and if it gets one degree hotter, I'm going to kick your ass!
:)
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 21:03:08 +0000, Billy Pilgrim wrote:

For even more detail go to wunderground.com Enter your zip for a local station. You can get specific date histories going back many years. Look for History & Almanac about half way down the page.
--
/home/jim/Documents/RAMN sig.txt

Awesome website. Thanks for posting link!!
Red Green wrote:

You're welcome...
(Posted url an hour:something earlier... :) )
Billy Pilgrim wrote:

I'm sure NOAA has data; I use www.wunderground.com that has relatively easy links for any site.

Thanks. Got the link and I'll check it out.

That was perfect and confirmed my suspicions.
In forth:

One thing you're probably not looking at is the cost per kwh. Thanks to gov Goodhair and deregulation, we're paying more than Okies are. My KWH went from 12.75 cts to 14.9 cts. last month, which was one of the cheapest rates the last time I checked powertochoose.org, due to the increase in natural gas. So much for all the benefits of them tapping the Barnett Shale. They must be sellin' it all to the yankees<g>
ChairMan wrote:

That's only a 16% rise. You can thank Governor Goodhair that it didn't keep pace with the price of oil !

bill -- either this year's or last year's -- was estimated. Before getting too worked up, you may want to look at 2 or 3 months bills and compare the bills over that longer time period.

Thanks