Weather

It's about time the media cracked down on these weather forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies in miniskirts.

Next, crack down on economic and foreign affairs reporters' bad news.

Reply to
KenK

You need to watch the hot weather chicks on Spanish language TV. And you won't understand what they are saying, so you can treat it as good news, from a good source.

Reply to
taxed and spent

..from a good *looking* source.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Worse still, looked outside at the thermometer and I see it's running low on mercury...almost empty and will have to go refill it>

Too bad it happened during all this cold weather, don't really want to leave the house.

Reply to
philo

philo wrote in news:n763mi$rj9$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Do what I do and siphon off some in summer for such emergencies. I notice mine rus low almost every winter!

Reply to
KenK

Great idea!

Reply to
philo

I bought a thermometer that was rated for outdoor use. No matter where I put it in my house, it never tells me the outside temperature. I may have to return it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It's about time the media cracked down on these weather forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies in miniskirts.

Next, crack down on economic and foreign affairs reporters' bad news.

Reply to
Tony944

We had a weather babe on local TV who,when she stood sideways in front of the big US map with her back along the east coast, her chest reached clear to the Mississippi River...

Reply to
Wade Garrett

A professor in college said that forecasters are only right 50 % of the time.

I do not think that that number has gone up. :-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Little children who tell lies grow up to be weather forecasters -- or advertising copy-writers, or politicians.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

You complained to the station of course :)

Reply to
philo

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Chinese-made, I'll bet. And, unfotunately, no way to test one in the store.

Reply to
KenK

Obviously you totally missed the joke. Never mind.

Reply to
DerbyDad03