Weather

It's about time the media cracked down on these weather forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies in miniskirts.
Next, crack down on economic and foreign affairs reporters' bad news.

You need to watch the hot weather chicks on Spanish language TV. And you won't understand what they are saying, so you can treat it as good news, from a good source.
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 11:46:41 AM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:

..from a good *looking* source.
On 01/13/2016 11:02 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Worse still, looked outside at the thermometer and I see it's running low on mercury...almost empty and will have to go refill it>
Too bad it happened during all this cold weather, don't really want to leave the house.

Do what I do and siphon off some in summer for such emergencies. I notice mine rus low almost every winter!
On 01/13/2016 12:16 PM, KenK wrote:

Great idea!
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 1:08:59 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:

I bought a thermometer that was rated for outdoor use. No matter where I put it in my house, it never tells me the outside temperature. I may have to return it.

Chinese-made, I'll bet. And, unfotunately, no way to test one in the store.
On Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 11:54:08 AM UTC-5, KenK wrote:

Obviously you totally missed the joke. Never mind.
On 1/13/16 11:46 AM, taxed and spent wrote:

We had a weather babe on local TV who,when she stood sideways in front of the big US map with her back along the east coast, her chest reached clear to the Mississippi River...
--
When government becomes the parent, the people become the child.
- @larryelder
On 01/13/2016 03:24 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:

You complained to the station of course :)
"KenK" wrote in message
It's about time the media cracked down on these weather forecasters and some of their terrible predictions. Stop these floods, severe storms, tornados, etc. From now on only pleasent predictions and their resulting nice weather. No more destructive storms. Perhaps have requests by local residents collected so as to calculate average temperatures, etc. Stop allowing the forecasters to cause weather we don't want. They can be quickly replaced, preferably with attractive young ladies in miniskirts.
Next, crack down on economic and foreign affairs reporters' bad news.
On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 at 10:36:35 AM UTC-6, KenK wrote:

A professor in college said that forecasters are only right 50 % of the time.
I do not think that that number has gone up. :-)
Andy
On 01/13/2016 04:24 PM, Andy wrote:

Little children who tell lies grow up to be weather forecasters -- or advertising copy-writers, or politicians.
Perce