"We kept Wal-Mart out of our town!"

When Nabisco Chips Ahoy first came out, it had loads of chocolate chips. After months or a year or two it went down.
When Ragu speghetti sauce Many Mushroom or whatever came out 10 or 15 years, ago, many many mushrooms. Now it's hard to find any spaghetti sauce that even mentions mushrooms on the label. Are they more expensive now or just out of fashion with spaghetti eaters.?
Not the same thing, but the local chinese take out may have been sold -- I no longer see anyone there that I recognize - but the mushroom egg foo yung had loads and loads of mushrooms. It used to have less than I thought maybe it should. I don't know if this is their Grand Opening special and I should eat more there now, or if it will be their new recipe. (The other dish I had was good but didn't seem any better than average. )

Well at least if it is embalmed well, it won't spoil.
In article

This is false. Walmart gives NOTHING away.
They may occasionally employ the common retail "loss leader" practice on select items, but they most certainly DO make profit on EVERYTHING else they sell.

Sheer volume and customer satisfaction is their "edge" on competition.

...and just about everything else.
:) JR Walmart stock holder

The price drops are a specific budget item in their marketing budget.
AZ Nomad wrote:

It's called "Walmart Derangement Syndrome".
--
Dave
What are they giving for copper ? I have a 55 gallon barrow full of 2" peices of 1/2 " copper pipe. Jerry