wd-40 pipettes

They always go missing. Always, always. (There are kids around.)
I usually end up buying another canister just to get the dang pipette. Now I've got four cans and one pipette. What else could I use? Why doesn't anyone sell these in multi-packs?!

No <good> solution, but what I usually do is cut a slot in the lid, and use a thin strip of tape to attach the pipette to the button (before first use gets it greasy). Even if it doesn't get lost, after about a dozen times in and out of that little hole, it tends to get wallowed out, and fall off when you press the trigger. It does make it hard to store the can.
When it goes missing, use your nose, and find which kid smells like kerosene. Better yet, find one of those commercial-grade stacking storage boxes they used to sell, with the attached lids that include a padlock hole, and keep all the spray cans in there. <Daddy's> toybox, etc.
aem sends...
On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 12:36:30 GMT, "ameijers"

Or just duct tape the kids to a door and lock the door.
Get "the cut that counts" before the fatal relationship starts.

: They always go missing. Always, always. (There are kids around.) : : I usually end up buying another canister just to get the dang pipette. : Now I've got four cans and one pipette. What else could I use? Why : doesn't anyone sell these in multi-packs?!
I've had good luck with the coffee stirrers from 7-11's / Circle K's / etc.... :
On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 03:09:10 -0600, Dan Hartung

Amen. I wish they would sell the aerosol spray heads too. No matter how I try to keep the paint spray heads free of paint they clog up eventually before all the paint is used up.
Someone a few years ago asked the same thing.
Try radio shack

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 03:09:10 -0600, Dan Hartung

I take a 4" strip of wide piece of cellophane tape and cut a 1/2" piece and tape it sticky-side to sticky-side in the middle. Hold the pipette against the can and tape it against the can such that the protected area touches the pipette. Alternatively, a couple broccoli rubber bands on the can will hold the pipette, although I think the wide tape idea works a little better. Teach the family how the holder works.
Somewhere, I think maybe in an auto parts store, I saw a string-like plastic device with a large loop on one end to stretch over the can neck and a small hole thru the other end to push the pipe thru. Seemed like a good idea but I did not buy any. Believe a string would work just as well. May need a dab of glue on the pipe end. Don Young

Bought about 10 of those...come in a pck of 2... rubber, and you snap one end around the can, and the other down the other end on the nozzle.. so far..works fine.

These are not pipettes.
Pipette: a small piece of apparatus which typically consists of a narrow tube into which fluid is drawn by suction (as for dispensing or measurement) and retained by closing the upper end.
These small diameter tubes are sold. I buy mine from Lee Valley.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?SIDEFA9512A&ccurrency=2&pageC037&category=1,190,43034
RB
Dan Hartung wrote:

When I get a new can I cut with a sharp blade, so as not to smash the pipette, it into 3 pieces. I stow 2 spares, and the resulting 1" pipette stays on the can much better. I have rarely found that I need the whole 3 to 4" reach of the uncut pipette.
A lot of time there's a 1-800 number for the manufacturer of the particular spray. Just call them and they'll probably send you several spares.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (davefr) wrote:

I heard they sell those pipettes at RadioShack.
replying to nosredna, Jerome Brown wrote: I called the manufacturer's number on the can and they sent replacements.