WD-40 New Can

Page 1 of 2
I bought a new can of wd-40 at walmart and paid the big bucks to get a can with a built in straw.
I've been losing the straw from those cans for 20 years and now that is over.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I saved a bunch of them when I discarded the empties.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Save the big bucks and buy one of these:
http://www.wd40.com/products/one-gallon /
and a couple of these:
http://www.wd40company.com/files/images/wd40-p_s46817523.gif
The plastic spray bottle has an adjustable nozzle for stream or spray.
Think of how many aerosol cans you've purchased over the years and compare that to the price of a gallon (~$15) and a couple of <$4 spray bottles.
And no straw to lose, ever!
Add pictures here
βœ–
Duff wrote:

And it's impossible to buy new straws because WD-40 bought them all up and would rather have you keep buying product to get a new straw. I don't like those new built in straw cans.
--
Claude Hopper :)

? ? ₯
βœ–

Shoulda saved the old ones. :-)
Add pictures here
βœ–
"PanHandler" wrote:

Yep.
Jon
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:43:35 -0500, Claude Hopper

They sell a little rubber gadget that holds the straw to the can if it pops off. I picked up a handful at the auto parts store and keep them on all the cans with straws. You can also buy replacement straws but you need a few different sizes because they are not standard.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:45:59 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I use a strip of duct tape and tape the straw on the can after use.
Works for me. One piece last along time.
Add pictures here
βœ–

OK, I gotta ask...
Why don't people buy the gallon size and a few spray bottles? It's not like it ever goes bad and it's so much cheaper.
I keep a spray bottle in my shop, in my garage and in my trailer.
It's also "greener", should you care.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:31:54 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
-snip-

I used a gallon of WD40 but found that the aerosol was just a lot handier. I had plastic 2 bottles and both broke long before the gallon was up.
I picked up a metal spray can for some PB blaster that I have in stock now. The damn thing doesn't spray all that well- and it seems to leak if the barometric pressure or temperature changes a little bit.
There's a reason aerosol cans are popular.
Jim
Add pictures here
βœ–

You can buy refillable, rechargable, air powered cans that have a schrader valve in the bottom. They are made of metal and work quite well. Just put in some of whatever liquid you want to spray, screw on the top, hit the valve with a quick blast from your compressor hose and you're good to go.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

I bought an inexpensive refillable spray can from Harbor Freight and years before bought an expensive built like a tank spray can from W.W.Grainger. The sprayers are an excellent way to demonstrate how flammable kerosene or diesel fuel is when sprayed as a fine mist. The fireballs you can make with the things are amazing.
TDD
Add pictures here
βœ–
Oren wrote:

I go one step beyond yours. I tape a plastic soda straw (with the bottom 3/4" bent up) to the can and drop the can's straw into that.
Won't work as well as your plain old taping if the can gets rolled around, but my cans are always standing upright on a shelf or workbench.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Claude Hopper wrote:

Save the straws from all straw-equipped cans.
Likewise save the nozzles from all spray cans. There will come a time when the nozzle of your current compound won't work.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Go to Wal-Mart and get all the WD40 straws you want. They're on all the cans.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Huge problem always for me. I always have WD-40, rarely the damn straw though. There must be a way to get straws though? How about this idea? When you get a new can, cut the straw in two pieces and then tape the other half of the straw on the opposite side of the can from where the first piece is taped.
At least that would double the life of the straw.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I solved that problem by getting (free) a gross of straws ;)
βœ–

Try these straw holders http://www.hold-it.net/newsrelease.htm
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:37:39 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Yup those are the ones I got at the auto parts store.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote in wrote:

Looks like a good thing. But five bucks for a dozen modified rubber bands? Harbor Freight bag of rubber bands Shitload in a bag for maybe 50 cents or a buck.
Only problem with elastics is they dry out.
Add pictures here
βœ–