WD-40

Page 4 of 4
Nate Nagel wrote:

If you have to ask why...
But if you DID burn your thumb, you could repair most of the damage with your manicure set and small bottle of clear nail polish, which should be next to the hair dryer in your kit.
HeyBub wrote:

I'll have you know that the only nail polish in my toolbox is RED, and that's used for coloring #57 bulbs because 57Rs don't seem to be widely available anymore...
...aw, hell, I'm not going to win this one, am I?
nate
(I still say that a heat gun/hair dryer is a handy tool. And if you met me, you'd see right quick that I have no use for one for my hair...)
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

why would you need a red bulb?

Factory equipment for dashboard lights on '64 Studebakers. Instead of using a red filter, they simply specified red bulbs for the instrument backlighting.
I've also tried the little Auto Meter "bulb condoms" and they are a more elegant solution, but you have to remember to order them.
nate
Nate Nagel wrote:

You might. That business about using nail polish to color bulbs is, well, what can I say, inspirational.

A heat gun is a handy tool. A hair dryer is for effete pompadours.
HeyBub wrote:

Hi, The dryer works well with heat shrinking sphagettis.
Tony Hwang wrote:

And sanitary napkins work well for waxing the car, nail files can clean A/C relay contacts, hair curlers can be used to wind string, and purses can be used to carry your stuff.
Next we'll see lilac-scented WD-40 and frilly curtains on the shop's windows!
As that great American said: "Don't be a dis-grace to the man-race!" Say NO to hair-dryers!
on 3/22/2009 7:20 PM (ET) Nate Nagel wrote the following:

Get a spray can of Candy Apple Red at your local hobby store. It is more translucent than nail polish. I use it to paint a spotlight bulb for Christmas decorating. .

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
HeyBub wrote:

we call them heat guns. Multitude of uses. Very common in our tool chests.

CRC 556

And you'd need a pretty good inverter to run it .
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

1. Grasp spray head
2. Pull out
3. Put in new spray head (from used paint can or whatever)
--

dadiOH

-snip-

Sounds like time to puncture can and use it with Q-tips.

How do you know that?

I doubt it, but if it did take a matching valve off another can.

Jim

I don't know if anyone here has ever used a product called Sea Foam in their vehicle gas tank for fuel system problems but I know that stuff has worked for me. Cured a stalling, sputtering Ford V-8 engine. Also cured a sputtering, bogging snowmobile engine. Sea Foam also makes a lube spray as well and comes in an aerosol can. I don't know what the chemical difference or the cost difference is between Sea Foam and WD-40 but I switched to the Sea Foam spray just because the other Sea Foam product worked well for me. Just my 2 cents. By the way I have tried WD-40 on my creaky right knee a couple times and I swear it did seem to make it less creaky for a little while after....... I have also sprayed WD-40 on artificle fishing lures and believe it or not I did get more strikes with it.. Heard that someone else had done that before so I tried it. If you don't believe me, go try it for yourself. Steve
I've heard of their gas treatment, will take a look at their lube spray.
Thanks, Peetie