Ways to remove Ants

Page 2 of 2

2 Tbs. Sugar mixed with 1 Tbs. boric acid set where the suckers are coming in; simple and easily removed once the problem moves on. Mix up a cup's worth and pour around ant hole.
The Ranger
The Ranger wrote:

Good grief! Mix with water and a few drops will do it.
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:49:50 -0700, "The Ranger"

That is basically Terro but the mix is more like 12:1 It only works if these particular ants eat sugar. I haven't seen a sugar eating ant in a decade. Ours all learned sugar is poison ... because of Terro and similar products. Ants as a collective body can get pretty smart about what they eat. That is why they were chewing on dinosaur bones and will be here long after we are gone.
I chose Sevin in my answer because it is a fairly benign pesticide (approved for food crops) that you can still get and it will kill the ants. A gallon of mix will be plenty to get the mound and that is only a spoon full or two of the actual product. Read the label for the actual product you buy since it comes in several strengths.