Way OT: Fort Hood

Page 3 of 3

Oren wrote:

Civil or criminal?
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 21:48:47 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net"

Civil. It's not criminal to play Christmas music.

Damn right and I don't live in Texas. 1st Cavalry Division has tradition. They don't explain things on the battlefield.
http://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/man/moremanpics/m109-a6-paladin.jpg
Now the Calvary can ride.
Oren wrote:

Now that's a gun. *snicker*
TDD
HeyBub wrote:

Hi, Can't shoot back with jammed rifle. We all know.
DGDevin wrote:

Yep. That was Suzanna Hupp and she watched her parents die in front of her. Interestingly, at that time, having her gun in the car was as equally unlawful as carrying it on your person. Since then, Texas (and 38 other states) have implemented "shall issue" carry permits and now, in Texas, you can carry a gun in your car with no permit at all.
HeyBub wrote:

You've always been able to carry a gun in your car in Texas while "traveling". What "traveling" is is not really defined anywhere. A couple of years ago the Texas legislature changed the law to remove the traveling restriction -- a result of a abusive prosecutor in Harris County.
Bob
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I disagree. First, a definition: "Homicide" is the killing of one human by another." There are several kinds of homicide (manslaughter, justifiable, excusable, murder, etc.). Of "murder," there are also several kinds recognized by the legal codes:
Murder - killing another with premeditation Captial Murder - killing of a police officer or while in the commission of kidnapping, armed robbery, for hire, etc. Hate Crime Murder - killing because the victim belonged to a protected class
So, even under the law, there are several kinds of murder depending on the mental state of the killer. If the statutes can recognize varying kinds of murder, the general population can harken to their own, shorthand, definitions.