Way OT...but ammusing - Palin to media: Leave my kids alone

From: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090121/ap_on_re_us/palin_media
"She slammed reports that 18-year-old Bristol Palin and the teen's fiance are high school dropouts. The governor insists the two are not dropouts because..."
Check this out, ROTFL!
"...they enrolled in correspondence courses.":
Maybe The Evelyn Woodhead Sped-reddin' course. Or Sally Struthers' [insert whiny voice and crooked facial     expressions] "Do you wanna make more money?" Or maybe they found some old books of matches with diploma     ads and are becomming locksmiths ya think?
... ...
"Palin also lashed out at bloggers and others perpetuating Internet rumors that her 9-month-old son, Trig, is actually Bristol Palin's child from a secret previous pregnancy."
LMAO! Hasn't this been the plot for a bunch of TV shows or movies over the years?!

What I would like to know is........Why is this in a home repair forum???
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in wrote:

That's why it says in the subject "OT". You just skip them if you want hardcore 100% on topic. A little OT amusement is not a bad thing within reason.

Especially when you can get your jollies off at someone else's expense without fear of retribution. You are as pathetic as the morons in the media who create these rumors.

Especially when you can get your jollies off at someone else's expense without fear of retribution. You are as pathetic as the morons in the media who create these rumors.
Even more pathetic that they pick on KIDS....Are the Obamamessiah's daughters fair game as well??? I didn't think so......

I do hope not even though I am no Obama fan.

I bet they learned how to spell *amusing* and *becoming* in that correspondence school though.
Cheri
Cheri wrote:

Giggle-giggle. Good catch.

Looks like some of the sticky bun got in the "m" key :-)

"PEOPLE reported this week that the new mom, who gave birth on Saturday, intends to finish her high school degree through correspondence courses. Levi, also 18, told the AP in October that he had left high school to enroll in an apprenticeship program training him as an electrician."
"Gov. Palin told PEOPLE at the time that she hoped Levi would eventually earn a GED, adding, "I respect that Levi is out there working hard.""
Here are a few correspondence courses:
a.. Arts and Humanities Course [9] a.. Business Course [15] a.. Computer Science Course [1] a.. Criminal Justice Course [5] a.. Education Course [4] a.. Health Course [5] a.. Information Technology Course [6] a.. Medicine Course [1] a.. Paralegal Studies Course [1] a.. Science Course [1] a.. Social Science Course [1] a.. Trades and Careers Course [28]
above from http://www.degrees.com/l/correspondence /

It's actually pretty sad that anonymous bloggers can dream shit like this up and the news media picks it up as a story. And then they request her to take a blood test to prove the child is hers.
Cheers, Jim