Wax Ring for Toilet

I have to remove a toilet. It's the first time I've done it. How do I know which wax ring to buy at Lowes? Any tips to keep me out of trouble?
http://goo.gl/PCzaB

They are kind of a generic item and any one will work fine with 95% of the toilets out there. I have seen some that are extra thick, if the flange is a bit low. And there are some more pricey ones that are made out of something other than wax, ie some kind of urethane I think. But if it's typical toilet the standard wax ones are fine.
Why do you have to remove the toilet? Never know, there may be a simpler approach.
I have to remove a toilet. It's the first time I've done it. How do I know which wax ring to buy at Lowes? Any tips to keep me out of trouble?
http://goo.gl/PCzaB
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:41:23 -0400, mcp6453 wrote:

I like these better than wax rings: http://www.fernco.com/plumbing/wax-free-toilet-seal
I buy them at Ace Hardware.

Amen to that. I'll never go back to the wax rings again. I don't think _anyone_ wouild return to wax rings after trying the waxless once.
Harry K

Fernco is a well-known brand and is high-quality, A closet auger will not wcratch the porcelain finish if used as shown in:Stoprmin Mormims mail
A good closet auger has a sleeve, and a protector, so not to scratch the bowl. About 2/3 of the way down the page is an illustration. http://www.homerepairforum.com/forum/plumbing/6634-slow-draining-toil ...
On 7/18/2012 11:00 AM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

The link is broken.

I still say that the OP should try the bucket test before he goes shopping for plungers or closet augers.

Couple blocks to set it on cures that problem.
Harry K
Kuskokwim wrote:

Thanks for the link -- very interesting. I'll probably try them.
I clicked on the link on the web page and watched the video. One question I have has to do with peeling off the covering and sticking the Fernco to the bottom of the toilet. I am wondering if there are any issues with making sure that the Fernco is centered correctly when sticking it to the toilet so that it matches up and goes into the sewer drain correctly. I assume that "close enough" when centering and sticking the Fernco to the toilet works, but I thought I'd ask here if anyone has had any issues or problems with that.