My Zephyr weather station arrived today. PWS1000-TDx
The "x" model is much cheaper because of a blemish on the bezel. I can find
a spot the size of a pin head that is not perfect if I really look hard.
I took about an hour to get the parts sorted out and assembled. The sensors
are all mounted on an included pole that gets mounted atop your own mast.
Parts fill together well and everything worked. You have 45 seconds to get
the batteries in the base and then the remote unit. I missed the first
time, bt easily did it the second time because I had the batteries in place
and just pushed the last one in the holder and they started to commnicate.
Everything on the display works and the termperature is accurate. I tried
the rain gauge by pouring some water in it, but a few hours later, nature
gave me a real test with a thunderstorm. You can get accumulated readings
for the hour, day, week, month.
The outside unit takes two AA batteries. Since we get -0 temperatures at
times, I used lithium batteries outside and regular alkaline in the base.
Now I have to get my computer back from the shop and try the software.