waterproof wire

Page 3 of 3
No such thing.
Standards require you use conduit to isolate water.

glenn P posted for all of us...

Huh, what standards would that be? Yours?

--
Tekkie "There\'s no such thing as a tool I don\'t need."

thanks. snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net . i like that design .the only issue is the device would have to fit in a 1/2 " ID pipe. also reed switches are quite expensive.
. i like that design .the only

The idea from Bob F to use air pressure seems to me to be the very best one proposed. It can be simple, reliable, inexpensive, and accurate. I did not notice if you said what the range and accuracy requirements are but these would determine the gage and air source requirements.
Don Young
Matt wrote:

You're welcome.
Reed switches expensive? You ain't seen nothing.
What other criteria besides small diameter and absolute lowest cost are you not telling us about?
%MOD%
1/2 " metal pipe. 100' or less down to the water. water flucuates by by 5 - 20 feet. needs to run off 2 AA batteries. thats all the details i have.

Copper, stainless steel, aluminum, etc.