waterproof carpet installation?

Currently, if liquid spills on carpet, it can soak down to the foam pad, then down to the floor.

This is bad if it is a pet stain, because once soaked into the floor, the odor is hard to remove. So, why not put some waterproof sheet between the carpet and the foam pad during installation? This way new stain won't soak the floor, and old odor from the floor won't come up to the surface.

Reply to
peter

As it has for many, many years.

When the carpet is stretched with a knee kicker or pole stretcher; holes will be made in "sheet", thus the liquid still goes through the pad. Plus, your sheet idea is not an approved method for carpet installation, that I'm aware of.

-- Oren

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Reply to
Oren